Tuesday, June 28, 2016
2:00 PM to 3:30 PM (EDT)
About This Webcast
Do you understand the differences between the HUD 221(d)(4) and 223(f) loan programs? How about FHA versus conventional financing?
Whether new construction, rehabilitation or debt refinancing, HUD-insured financing provides owners and developers with many unique terms, features and benefits. If you’re looking for debt options to match the complexity of your next affordable multifamily transaction, this webcast is for you.
Please join George Lieser and Sean McKay of Rockport Mortgage Corporation and Vinnie Viola, principal of Birch Island Real Estate Consulting for a 90-minute free webcast on the advantages of using HUD financing to fund affordable housing development or recapitalization. This informative and interactive training will cover FHA-insured mortgage programs, with a focus on two primary mortgage insurance programs that can help owners and developers achieve various project objectives:
- HUD 221(d)(4) program provides construction and 40-year permanent loans for new construction and substantial rehabilitation: of both 9% and 4% tax credit projects.
- HUD 223(f) program can meet several objectives:
- New 4% tax credit projects that require repairs of less than $40,000/unit;
- Refinance existing affordable transactions for the purposes of lowering the mortgage rate and/or recover equity; or
- Recapitalize, repair or buy out of tax credit limited partners at or before expiration of 15-year Compliance Period.
George and Sean will review these programs and highlights of several other FHA-insured programs available for multifamily owners and developers. They will also present case studies on recent FHA transactions that helped owners meet their project objectives. George and Sean will also take your questions about the intricacies of FHA-insured financing and potential fit with your next transaction.
About The Presenters
George Lieser is a Senior Vice President with Rockport Mortgage Corporation and a 38-year veteran of the Real Estate Finance industry.
Sean McKay is Deputy General Counsel for Rockport Mortgage Corporation and brings over 20 years of experience in law and real estate finance.
Vinnie Viola, HCCP™, is Principal of Birch Island Real Estate Consulting, LLC and offers 25 years’ of affordable housing experience.