If you were unable to attend our June 22nd webinar on utilizing FHA-insured financing for your next Affordable Housing transaction, or did attend but would like to review the presentation again, here’s your chance. Please click on the following link and simply enter your email and name for immediate access to the training.
About The Webcast
Do you understand the differences between the HUD 221(d)(4) and 223(f) loan programs? How about FHA versus conventional financing?
Whether new construction, rehabilitation or debt refinancing, HUD-insured financing provides owners and developers with many unique terms, features and benefits. If you’re looking for debt options to match the complexity of your next affordable multifamily transaction, this webcast is for you.
George Lieser and Sean McKay of Rockport Mortgage Corporation partnered with Vinnie Viola, principal of Birch Island Real Estate Consulting, for a 90-minute free webcast on the advantages of using HUD financing to fund affordable housing development or recapitalization. This informative and interactive training covers FHA-insured mortgage programs, with a focus on two primary mortgage insurance programs that can help owners and developers achieve various project objectives:
- HUD 221(d)(4) program provides construction and 40-year permanent loans for new construction and substantial rehabilitation: of both 9% and 4% tax credit projects.
- HUD 223(f) program can meet several objectives:
- New 4% tax credit projects that require repairs of less than $40,000/unit;
- Refinance existing affordable transactions for the purposes of lowering the mortgage rate and/or recover equity; or
- Recapitalize, repair or buy out of tax credit limited partners at or before expiration of 15-year Compliance Period.
George and Sean review these programs and highlights of several other FHA-insured programs available for multifamily owners and developers.
About The Presenters
George Lieser is a Senior Vice President with Rockport Mortgage Corporation and a 38-year veteran of the Real Estate Finance industry.
Sean McKay is Deputy General Counsel for Rockport Mortgage Corporation and brings over 20 years of experience in law and real estate finance.
Vinnie Viola, HCCP™, is Principal of Birch Island Real Estate Consulting, LLC and offers 25 years’ of affordable housing experience.